Friday, October 7

Mother and daughter found dead


RAWANG: A woman and her seven-month-old daughter were found dead in a bedroom of their double-storey house in Taman Rawang Perdana 2, here today (14 April).

Gombak Police chief ACP Ali Ahmad said the 24-year-old woman’s body was found sprawled on the floor, while the infant’s body was on the bed.

“The back door of the victim’s house was found ajar, but initial police investigation found no missing items.

“The bodies were taken to Sungai Buloh Hospital for post mortem,” he told Bernama when contacted.

Ali said the woman’s husband, a lorry driver, was said to have left for work at 3 am.

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

Meanwhile, the victim’s sister-in-law, 25, who declined to be identified, said the victim, who worked as a Patients Finance Executive at the National Heart Institute, did not show any strange sign previously.

Declining to name her deceased sister-in-law, she said that they had met only yesterday when she went to the sister-in-law’s house and the deceased had wished her ‘a happy birthday’.

“Yesterday when we met, she had wished me a happy birthday because it was my birthday anniversary…that was all she said. Nothing strange.

“We are still traumatised and do not want to be disturbed…let everything settle down first,” she said sadly, adding that the bodies of both victims would be laid to rest on Saturday.

She said that in conjunction with the ‘Vaisakhi’ celebration or the Sikh New Year today, her sister-in-law should have sent her baby daughter to her husband’s family before going to the temple for prayer in conjunction with the celebration.

“I felt strange because she could not be contacted since 7am today and I had asked my father to go to her house. As soon as my father reached my sister-in-law’s house about 9.30am, he found that his daughter-in-law and granddaughter had died,” she said.

Meanwhile, a neighbour of the victim, Kalaivani Krishnan, 32, a housewife, said that at about 6.30am when she was drying up her washing, she saw the backdoor of the victim’s house was not shut.

However, she did not suspect anything was amiss because she saw the victim’s car in front of the house and thought she was on leave.

“Then the victim’s father-in-law came and knocked on the door of the victim’s house, but there was no reply. I later told him that the backdoor was not locked.

“Subsequently he entered the house and I heard him screaming the victim’s name. I was shocked and immediately entered the victim’s house and upon going upstairs, I saw the two victims lying in one of the rooms in the house,” she said, adding that the victim and her husband had been renting the house since a year ago.

Upon realising what had happened, she informed her husband who immediately lodged a police report, she said.

Kalaivani said she and her family did not hear any argument or quarrel this morning. (14 April) — BERNAMA