Man dies of excessive gas inhalation

The body of the deceased arriving at the morgue of Sarawak General Hospital.

KUCHING: A 41-year-old man is believed to have died of an excessive inhalation of cooking gas at his residence in Taman Berlian Stabil, Kota Samarahan near here on Thursday.

Identified as Bong Wei Leong, the deceased who worked as a lorry driver was alone at home when the incident happened.

His son Samuel discovered the incident after returning home from school.

Samuel said the house was locked when he got home after school. He was sent home by his aunt.

When he finally managed to enter the house, he smelt gas from where the toilet is. Upon opening the toilet door, the boy saw his father lying in it next to a gas cylinder.

He immediately called an ambulance and alerted the police.

Medical personnel who arrived at the residence examined the victim and later pronounced him dead.

Based on the initial report, the deceased is believed to have died of an excessive inhalation of gas. No wound was found on the body of the deceased and the authorities did not detect any sign of struggle at the scene.

As such, the authorities have reason to believe that no foul play was involved in this incident.

However, two pieces of papers with handwriting on them which were found inside the residence had been seized by the authorities to facilitate investigation into the case.

A post-mortem was conducted on the body of the deceased at Sarawak General Hospital at 9am yesterday.

What do you think of this story?
  • Sad (77%)
  • Angry (15%)
  • Interesting (8%)
  • Nothing (0%)
  • Great (0%)

 

Affiliates

 

Supplement Downloads

Member of