Over 20 major world events to look out for this year, including a huge spike in oil price, the break-up of the US and start of WWIII
SO what’s in store for the world in 2010?
Nobody knows for sure but whatever happens, only we ourselves can decide our destiny.
However, in the past as it is now, people have been coming out with numerous predictions around this time.
In similar fashion, thesundaypost has compiled some of the noted predictions for 2010 posted on the Internet.
First, according to Chinese Astrology, the year 2010 is metal Tiger. Eastern philosophy has traditionally associated this sign of the Lunar Horoscope with strength, luck and authority, and considered it one of the most powerful Zodiac signs.
For example, one hexagram in the Chinese Classic Book of Changes, I Ching says: “Tread on the tiger’s tail, he will not bite — examine well, the augury of the flight.”
This may be interpreted as follows: risky and spontaneous actions may lead to victory, achievements and take off in the new year.
The Chinese Horoscope is also optimistic about 2010, saying Love will surely reign for the year.
“It will be everywhere; you will feel it with all the senses and get satisfaction from your life!” claims its website.
It has quite a simple explanation. According to the 2010 Chinese Horoscope and Chinese Lunar Calendar for the 2010 Year of the Tiger, this new year coincides with St Valentine’s Day on February 14. So, look around and express your feelings — this is the motto of year 2010!
In stark contrast, there are also darker elements lurking in 2010 — so watch out!
According to the World Predictions 2010 by renowned UK psychics Craig and Jane Hamilton-Parker, there are 21 major world events to look out for:
- Osama Bin Laden dies.
- Quantum physicists discover extraordinary way to generate electricity from water.
- MP caught in indecent act in public toilet.
- Important public figure revealed to be a member of a white supremacy movement with 2010 seeing a serious increase in racist attacks.
- Secret human cloning experiment attempts to clone a famous person.
- X factor in 2010 will be won by a group of friends who were choir boys together.
- Britain pulls out of Afghanistan, leaving only a few token troops.
- Iran gives up its quest for a nuclear bomb but North Korea continues to threaten peace.
- Celebrity is kidnapped and a ransom demand made.
- American president Barack Obama expresses an interest in holistic healing and ‘world healing’ becomes a dominant theme and key phrase to his 2010 speeches. He brokers a historic deal between Israel and the Palestinians.
- The monsoon arrives late but falls as one torrentialdownpour, causingunprecedentedflooding and humantragedy. Florida too sees three major hurricanesin close succession that strike deep into the continent with higher than normal tremors on San Andreas fault line.
- The Vancouver Olympics see a young person, barely old enough to compete, walk away with a gold medal
- The last Big Brother series ends with tragedy as someone on set is seriously hurt.
- System failures in the US space lab require a rescue mission with Russian help.
- Petrol prices shoot through the roof as OPEC makes price fixing deal with Russia.
- Meanwhile, Britain and Germany make a green energy deal with a big new wind turbine factory opened in UK.
- Japanese bullet train terrorist attack attempt is foiled.
- Nationwide strike by civil servants in that country causes widespread disruption. The Post Office unions continue to take strike action and the government announces that it plans eventually to renationalise the railways.
- Police corruption claims are made as a huge illegal immigrant ring isuncovered.
- Australia win back the Ashes.
- European parliament moves to make heroin legal for addicts whowish to take it under medical supervision. The war on drugs heats up as central London sees a street shootout between rival gangs.
In the search for 2010 predictions, the most chilling prophecies ever were encountered. According to a website dedicated to Vanga (Vangelia) Pandeva, World War Three (WWIII) will break out this year!
According to the biodata, Vanga was born on January 31, 1911, and spent her life living in Bulgaria until she died on August 11, 1996.
She lost her sight at 12 when she was swept away by a tornado but was found alive with sand in her eyes — the reason for her blindness.
Vanga began making predictions when she was 16 and became very famous rather quickly. Many of the statesmen, including Adolf Hitler, had visited her and it was reported that the Nazi leader left her house looking upset.
No reasons are given as to what will spark WWIII but the website says in its short posting: “2010 — The start of WWIII.”
The war will begin in November 2010 and end in October 2014. It will start as a normal war, then include use of nuclear and chemical weapons.
Another dark prediction for 2010 is that the US political boundaries will be shifted and carved into several components.
Professor Igor Panarin’s prediction has bleak forecast for the US that is music to the ears of the Kremlin, which in recent years has blamed Washington for everything — from instability in the Middle East to the global financial crisis.
Prof Panarin’s views also fit neatly into the Kremlin’s narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weaknesses of the 1990s when many feared the country would go economically and politically bankrupt and break into separate territories.
“There’s a 55-45 per cent chance right now that disintegration will occur,” he says.
“One could rejoice in that process,” he adds, poker-faced, “but if we’re talking reasonably, it’s not the best scenario for Russia.”
Though Russia would become more powerful on the global stage, he says, its economy would suffer because it currently depends heavily on the greenback and trades with the US.
Prof Panarin, 50, is not a fringe figure. A former KGB analyst, he is dean of the Russian Foreign Ministry’s academy for future diplomats and has been invited to Kremlin receptions apart from lecturing students, publishing books, and appearing in the media as an expert on US-Russia relations.
He bases the forecast on classified data supplied to him by FAPSI analysts (the Russian equivalent of the US National Security Agency).
He predicts that economic, financial and demographic trends will provoke a political and social crisis in the US. When the going gets tough, he says, wealthier states will withhold funds from the federal government and effectively secede from the union. Social unrest, including a civil war will follow. The US will then split along ethnic lines, and foreign powers will move in.
California will form the nucleus of what he calls ‘The Californian Republic’ and will be part of China or under Chinese influence.
Texas will be the heart of ‘The Texas Republic’, a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, DC, and New York will be part of an ‘Atlantic America’ that may join the European Union.
Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof Panarin calls ‘The Central North American Republic’.
Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.
The professor says he’s convinced people are taking his theory more seriously. People like him have forecast similar cataclysms before, he claims, and been right.
He cites French political scientist Emmanuel Todd who is famous for having rightly forecast the demise of the Soviet Union — 15 years beforehand.
“When he forecast the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1976, people laughed at him,” Prof Panarin recalls.
Whatever, 2010 promises to be interesting in all aspects. For example, the Chinese Horoscope 2010 represents the year of the white metal Tiger as a period with serious changes in every sphere of life that are coming nearer.
According to the Chinese Horoscope website, within 2010 year of the Tiger, decisive and fresh politicians will come to power.
“We shall open up our eyes widely to these changes and wonder how we have managed to live without all this new, bright and fascinating occurrences,” it says.
At the same time, it promises that the 2010 Horoscope is quite successful, yet relatively unstable. At times, the financial situation of 2010 will be tough but spiritually, the year will be so fruitful and positive that money troubles will seem just trifles.