GEORGE TOWN: An operator of a workshop which was allegedly torn down by the Municipal Council of Penang Island failed in his attempt to present a replica of the workshop, a toilet and a bulldozer to Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng on the first anniversary yesterday of the alleged incident in Jelutong here.
Mohd Yacoob Mohd Nor, 23, arrived at the lobby of the state government office on the third floor of the Tun Abdul Razak Complex (Komtar) at 2.40 pm, accompanied by several members of the Penang branch of the Malay right-wing group Perkasa.
Security guards denied them permission to enter the office and they left after waiting for 45 minutes, leaving the items wrapped in red cloth at the counter of the guards.
Mohd Yacoob said he was unhappy with the alleged demolition of his workshop, Mega Xtreme Motor, claiming that he had a licence to operate the facility located on his own land.
“The demolition should not have taken place, and prior notice should have been given,” he told reporters.
He said that following the alleged demolition on Jan 11 last year, he wrote to the council president requesting the reason for its action but said he has yet to receive a reply. — Bernama