SANDAKAN: Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) will find the best solution towards resolve the problem of interruption to electricity supply in Sabah, said its Chief Operations Officer, Datuk Azman Mohd.
He said this included close cooperation with Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB), the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA) and the Energy Commission Malaysia, to determine an effective remedy to the problem.
He said the latest action by TNB was to send a team to work closely with SESB to identify a suitable proposal to be forwarded to KeTTHA.
“The proposal is ready and was tabled at a special meeting chaired by the minister, Datuk Peter Chin Fah Kui in Kota Kinabalu today,” he told Bernama here.
He had earlier accompanied Chin on a visit to the Batu Sapi and Gantisan power stations and the Taman Tsun Nyen Main Distribution Centre here.
On the lack of electricity supply in the east coast of the state, Azman who has been named the President and TNB Chief Executive Officer from July 1, said the construction of the Lahad Datu gas-powered power plant which is expected to be completed in 2015, would represent a long-term plan to improve the situation.
“However, a short-term action plan needs to be implemented for now, based on the increasing demand from the east coast of the state,” he added.
Azman said electricity supply in Sabah’s east coast is sufficient till the end of the year and demand was also on the rise, particularly in Sandakan.