BELAGA: Two men have lodged police reports in Kapit claiming they were passengers and lost belongings and documents in the express boat tragedy in Sungai Rajang last Tuesday.
Belaga district police chief DSP Bakar Sebau said the reports were received this morning but police have to verify their authenticity before putting their names in the list of survivors.
“We have received two new reports on loss of belongings and documents in the boat tragedy but have to verify them for fear people might take the opportunity to claim relief payment.
“The number of survivors so far is 205, two are still missing and one body had been found,” he told reporters here Sunday night.
Bakar warned that legal action will be taken against those who make false police reports claiming to passengers of the express boat.
He said two bulldozers belonging to a logging company will be brought near the express boat location tomorrow in an effort to float the boat. — Bernama