Family douses air-cond fire, saves house from damage


The burnt air-conditioning unit.

KUCHING: Swift action by a family from Kampung Haji Baki here saved their house from being damaged yesterday after an air-conditioning unit caught fire.

Personnel from the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) were dispatched to the scene following a distress call at 7.42am and were informed upon arrival that family members had managed to put out the fire on their own.

“The fire started from the air-conditioning unit which sustained 60 per cent damage. Fortunately, the family doused the fire before it could spread to their house,” said the spokesperson.

No injuries were reported during the incident.