KUCHING: Hardcore poor families in Sarawak who have not applied for the Housing Assistance Programme (PBR) under next year’s allocation are asked to do so as soon as possible.
Minister of Welfare, Community Wellbeing, Women, Family and Childhood Development Dato Sri Fatimah Abdullah said the last application for next year’s PBR must reach the Resident’s Offices the latest by November 30.
“To those who are still not aware of such programme, but registered with e-Kasih, please come to any Resident’s Office for registration.
“This year’s application is for next year’s programme,” she said after chairing the Sarawak Poverty Eradication Focus Group meeting at Wisma Bapa Malaysia here yesterday.
Fatimah said the fund, which comes under the Ministry of Rural and Regional Development, is used to either construct a new house or to repair the present ones.
She said many people from the low-income group in the state had benefitted from the programme.
“Last year, the number of people benefitted from the fund had exceeded our target.
“Our target for last year was 4,350 people but a total of 5,271 people had benefitted from it,” she said.
Fatimah said in 2016, some 4,591 people from the low-income group in Sarawak had benefitted from the programme.
Present at the press conference were Welfare, Community Wellbeing, Women, Family and Childhood Development permanent secretary Dr Sadiah Samat and state development senior officer Hamdiah Ismail.