Tuesday, August 9

Isa Samad gives statement to police over Felda land issue


KUALA LUMPUR: Former Felda chairman Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad went to the Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department here yesterday to give a statement pertaining to an investigation into the transfer of Felda land in Jalan Semarak.

Isa arrived at the department at about 10.30am with four of his officers, said Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department director Datuk Seri Amar Singh Ishar Singh.

“We are in the process of recording a statement from him. It will resume after the Friday prayers,” he said to reporters.

After the Friday prayers, Amar Singh said the recording of the statement resumed at 3pm.

“As of 4pm, the recording process was still ongoing and we hope it can be completed today (yesterday),” he said.

Amar Singh said the police had called eight individuals, including Felda officers and developers, to record their statements and that the statement of another individual would be taken on Monday.

He said that as of now, the investigation only focused on the issue of transfer of ownership of the Felda land.

Amar Singh said the case was being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code on cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.

The police had reportedly set up a special task force to conduct the investigation into Felda’s purported loss of ownership of four pieces of land in Jalan Semarak.

On Dec 21, the media reported that Felda risked losing ownership of its land in Jalan Semarak worth RM200 million after the transfer of the land through alleged dubious transactions since 2015.

Mohd Isa was Felda chairman from 2011 to January 2017.

On Thursday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said in a statement that an external audit firm had been appointed by the Prime Minister’s Department to conduct a forensic audit on the Kuala Lumpur Vertical City (KLVC) project being developed by Synergy Promenade Sdn Bhd on land belonging to Felda.

He said the audit firm’s investigation was expected to be completed within 30 days, and a full report would be submitted to the Prime Minister’s Department. — Bernama