KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Parks Director Dr Jamili Nais said a team has been sent to do damage assessment of the trail up Mount Kinabalu.
“We need six hours from now to come up with a preliminary announcement,” he said when contacted at 9am Friday.
He also confirmed that KM 1.5 of the trail sustained some damages as a result of the quake but is passable now.
“I am on my way there now,” he said.
Meanwhile, Ranau District Officer Faimin Kamin said that so far there are no reports of structural damages to government buildings in the town.
Faimin, when contacted, said the District Natural Disaster has been activated.
“I have contacted all the government agencies in the town and the PPD as well as the JKKKs in the district for a report of damages sustained.
“So far all the agencies have reported to me and I am now waiting for the PPD and JKKKs to come back to me,” he said.