Thursday, June 20

Govt to look into prompt acquisition of remaining RM13.28 million budget approved for QEH1 Twin Tower project

0

Dzulkefly (middle) addressing the media together with Stephen (right).

KOTA KINABALU: The Federal Government will look into the prompt acquisition of the remaining RM13.28 million budget that had been previously approved and allocated for the implementation of Queen Elizabeth Hospital 1 (QEH 1) Twin Towers project.

Health Minister Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said the hospital is currently in need of the budget to address some the issues that the hospital is currently facing.

He also said that he would look into the request of acquiring brand new ambulances for QEH 1 as some of the hospital’s ambulances had been used for more than ten years now.

Dzulkefly, who was speaking to reporters during his visit to QEH 1 today added that he will look into the parking issue of the QEH 1.

One of the other issues that QEH 1 is currently facing is the fact that it does not have its own kitchen facility. It is understood that QEH 1 is currently acquiring its food source from QEH 2, which is located in Jalan Damai.