MIRI: Miri police have seized an estimated RM120,000 worth of drugs and arrested two local men, a Chinese national woman and a local woman after an early morning raid today (Jan 11).
In a statement today, Miri police chief ACP Lim Meng Seah said the four suspects were arrested by the police team from the Miri District Narcotics Crime Investigation Division at 2.25am today at Bay Resort Condominium, Pearl Block, Tanjung Lobang.
Among the items seized are:
- 9 transparent plastic packs each containing dry plants believed to be cannabis (estimated to weigh 831 grams);
- 86 red plastic packets suspected to contain ecstasy (MDMA) powder (estimated to weigh 1111.18 g);
- 17 red blister packets containing 170 pills of prescription only hypnotic drug nimetazepam (estimated to weigh 47.32 grams);
- 90 purple plastic packets suspected to contain ecstasy (MDMA) powder (estimated to weigh 1,124.52 grams);
- 8 black plastic packets suspected to contain ecstasy (MDMA) powder (estimated to weight 63.00 grams);
- One transparent plastic packet containing white powder believed to be ketamine (estimated to weigh 63.71 grams);
- One transparent plastic packet containing orange powder believed to be ecstasy (MDMA) powder (estimated to weigh 60.97 grams);
- And one red ‘Impulse’ sealer and a silver coloured digital weighing tool.
In total this amounts to 831 grams of suspected cannabis, 2,369.68 grams of suspected ecstasy (MDMA) powder, 47.32 grams of hypnotic drug nimetazepam, and 63.71 grams of suspected ketamine powder.
Lim said the seized items and suspects have been brought to the Miri Narcotics Investigation Division for further investigation under Section 39B of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 which carries a mandatory death sentence.