Wednesday, May 27

Foreigners who have been to S. Korea in last fortnight banned

0

KUCHING: All foreigners, irrespective of nationality, who have been to South Korea in the last 14 days will be refused entry to ensure that Sarawak remains free of Covid-19.

In a statement yesterday, the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) said all Malaysians, non-residents of Sarawak, who have been to South Korea and China (including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan) in the last 14 days are strongly advised not to visit Sarawak until their 14-day home quarantine has been fully completed and they are found not to be infected with Covid-19.

“As the Covid-19 situation is changing, apart from South Korea adding to the list above, SDMC will continue to monitor situation in other countries like Singapore, Japan, Iran, Italy, etc,” said the statement on Friday.

The committee said all Sarawakians and Sarawakian permanent residents (PR), work and student visa holders who had been to South Korea and China including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan in the last 14 days must have compulsory home quarantine for 14 days.

The statement said they would be subjected to random monitoring by the relevant authorities.

All visitors from Covid-19 affected countries such as Singapore, Italy, Iran, and Japan are strongly advised to adhere to precautionary guidelines issued by the Sarawak Health Department, added the statement.