KUCHING: All the 54 theme parks and water theme parks across the country will be allowed to resume operations beginning July 1, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
Speaking at the daily update press conference in Putrajaya today, the Defence Minister said such resumption of operations would see some 10,000 employees returning to work from next month.
“All must comply with the standard operating procedures (SOP) including practising social distancing at any one time, depending on the size and capacity of the theme park,” he said.
Ismail Sabri advised individuals who intended to patronise these public places to use the MySejahtera app while the operators to do body temperature screening and provide hand sanitisers.
For water theme parks, he said these operators must follow the SOP which had been set for swimming pools to ensure the water quality.
He advised the operators of these theme parks to obtain the SOP in detail from the official websites of National Security Council (MKN) and Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (Motac).
Ismail Sabri said when the government announced a maximum of 250 guests for wedding ceremonies and receptions, this policy was meant for both Muslim and non-Muslim communities.
He said the policy is open for all and they must comply with the SOP issued by the Ministry of National Unity.
“The SOP by Ministry of National Unity can be used for Muslim and non-Muslim wedding ceremonies and receptions.
“I want to remind all to comply with the SOP. Do not be complacent about the situation now, and let our guards down. For our own safety, we must continue to practise social distancing,” he added.